For Sale – Elm Hollow’s Kyawana:
Highland Heifer Calf
Kyawana’s dam, Muirneag 3rd of VH, AHCA # 52636, is also the dam of our outstanding bull, Big Ridge Fergus. Kyawana’s sire is BR Voodoo Magic, AHCA # 51522, who has won the people’s choice award in the international virtual show twice.
Halter training for Kyawana has been fairly routine with her easing into the tasks of grooming and leading at a normal pace. Kyawana has had her first vaccinations and boosters, is tattooed and has her permanent ID.
Kyawana is being offered with a minimum of $3,200.
Update: Kyawana has sold for $3,800.
This is how the sale process works:
The listed price represents the lowest price I’m willing to accept.
I’ve had several people tell me that they missed out on a calf (or cow) they really had their heart set on because they sell so quickly - sometimes within an hour of posting. I’ve decided to wait up to 48 hours from the time of posting to close a sale on a calf (or cow). Hopefully, this will allow those who are busy, but have their heart set on one of the babies, time to get back to me with their offer.
If you are interested in making an offer on the listed calf/cow, let me know by email to [email protected] within 24 hours of posting. No new bidders will be accepted after the first 24 hours. You must make an offer during the first 24 hours to be eligible to bid after the first 24 hours is up. If there is more than one active bidder at the end of 24 hours, those bidders will be put into a joint email chain so they can communicate directly with me and with each other. An active bidder is a bidder who has made an offer above the highest offer within an hour since the high bid was announced to all who have been bidding.
It is helpful to include some information about the environment that calf will be moving into and your plans for the animal. We consider this factor with greater weighting even than the offer, as we've spent so much time with our little fluffy friends and want the best for them. If I have no information about the farm and your plans for the calf, I won’t consider your offer.
Here are some of the things that it is important for me to know: (If you’re experienced with Highlands or any cattle, some of these questions will seem silly, but if this will be your first Highland, these are important.) Narrative with this info included is fine, it isn’t a test.
1. Have you raised cattle before? If not, do you have a source of information on keeping them healthy?
2. Do you have other cattle now? If not, why did you decide to get Highlands?
3. What are your plans for Highlands? Pets, beef, showing, breeding stock, pasture ornaments?
4. Do you have a relationship with a large animal vet? It is important to establish that before you NEED a vet. Also, you need a way to confine your cow if a vet does need to come out for some reason.
5. Are your fences secure? Not just to keep cows in, but also neighboring bulls out.
6. Will there be shade and water available in your pasture? (Highlands do not tolerate heat without shade and plenty of fresh water.)
7. How big is your pasture? 2 acres per cow is recommended (that will also support her calf)
8. What is your water source? (standing water can become contaminated and cause health issues.)
9. Do you have a fly control plan? This will help protect them from pinkeye which can cause blindness.
10. Do you know what minerals your cattle will require in a supplement to keep your cows healthy? (consult your Ag Extention Agent)
11. Do you have a good hay source for winter? (plan ahead for high quality hay and its safe storage)
12. Will your Highland have a compatible, BOVINE pasture companion?
And last but not least: Do you solemnly swear to send pictures and videos and give them hugs and kisses daily. Also tell them I miss them and if they need to come home they can? I mean that!
Fee to transfer calves/cows into the buyer’s name will be paid by Elm Hollow Farm for up to 90 days after the date of sale. If transfer is not sent and received by AHCA within that 90 day period, the buyer will be responsible for the fee.
Big Ridge Voodoo Magic, AHCA # 51522
Muirneag 3rd of VH, AHCA # 52636